Tuesday 1 March 2011

New to knitting...

OK, so here I am, starting a knitting blog before I've actually started knitting!  The reason for this is simple; whilst I have an old bag of eyelash wool lurking in the cupboard, I don't yet have any needles!



Actually, the main reason I haven't started yet is because the impetus to knit came from being suckered into subscribing to a step-by-step knitting magazine that has been advertised on TV recently.  Two weeks later, and I am still anxiously awaiting my first issue...


The magazine in question is called The Art of Knitting, and is published weekly (but apparently delivered 4 issues at a time).  It promises to teach you to knit, step by step, primarily through knitting little squares, that you eventually sew together to make a patchwork throw.  They supply the yarn, needles and whatever else is required to complete the throw.


Sounds good, although someone on a forum pointed out that it will cost me in the region of £270+ to make said throw.  But that's not the point, is it?  Otherwise why would anyone knit, when they could just go out and buy things?


I'm doing it because I need a hobby.  I need a hobby because I've suffered from M.E. since March 2000, and therefore spend most of my life stuck indoors, on the sofa or in bed.  Hence the name of my blog...



No comments:

Post a Comment