Wednesday 16 March 2011

Still knitting!

Well my Art of Knitting magazines still haven't arrived, but I've been busy knitting little squares for my throw.  Will add some photos next time.  Progress is slow - I've knitted 16 squares in a fortnight - and I'm thinking this was maybe a bit over-ambitious for a first project...

There is a brilliant site called knittinghelp.com which has some really good videos that talk you through the basics.  I've learned long-tale cast-on and that slipping the first stitch on each row gives a neater edge to your work.

Off to knit some more and will update soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon - well done with the knitting - I used to knit loads when my eldest was little (he is now nearly 30!) so I tried to start a jumper for his son when he was little. It was a complicated pattern but nothing impossible compared to what I used to do - 5 years later it is still taunting me! obviously the child has outgrown the pattern :(
    Wilkinsons is a good source of wool also the pound shops and and places like B&M's are good - do you have them around your way?
    Incidently I have a friend with ME and I know that it can be really hard to even get dressed so hopefully my sagas will be a sournce of amusement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Jan - you have me visualising a full grown man, squashed into a teeny jumper! We've got Wilkinsons and pound shops in town, but it's hard for me to get out at all, however, have bought some wool from ebay that was quite reasonable. I could always send my husband into town :)

    ReplyDelete