Thursday 3 March 2011

Actually started knitting!

I got fed up waiting for The Art of Knitting magazine to arrive, so bought some cheap acrylic yarn from Wilkinsons so I could get started.  Amazingly, I can still knit (a little), so I decided to knit some squares and make a large throw (or possibly a small cushion!), since the store only had a small selection in rather bright colours.  Here's what I've done so far...



 Not sure what I'll do with the throw/cushion when I'm finished, but it'll be good practice for me before I progress to stocking stitch and beyond.


In terms of my M.E., it should work out well, as I've discovered that you can knit while lying down!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon..thanks for popping over to my blog..and leaving a comment!

    I only bought the first issue to learn to knitt...tried it and gave up...i think its not for me...i keep dropping stitches...or the needles..lol
    i think ill stick to sewing and making cards..lol

    re you havn't had your issue's yet..i would phone them up..or cancell your subsrciption with them!!
    Your squares look fab hun..love the colours..very spring!
    good luck and can't wait to see the finished project!
    Hugs Clare@weekend crafter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, thanks for your lovely comment! I love your knitted squares and that's great idea to make a blanket... (wish I had one at the moment as our heating broke down today!!) Looking forward to seeing the finished article! Have a lovely weekend, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete